- Marcus Stroke & Neuroscience Center
- Primary Location
- 80 Jesse Hill Jr Drive SE Atlanta, GA 30303
- Telephone Number
- (404) 616-1111
Dr. Pradilla is an assistant professor of neurosurgery at the Emory University School of Medicine.
He received his neurosurgical and scientific training at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine and his fellowship training in cerebrovascular and skull base surgery at the University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine.
Dr. Pradilla specializes in the surgical treatment of benign and malignant brain and skull base tumors and in the treatment of cerebrovascular disorders including brain aneurysms, arteriovenous malformations, and carotid artery stenosis with a particular expertise in endoscopic and exoscopic approaches utilizing minimally-invasive techniques. His basic science research focuses on subarachnoid hemorrhage, intracerebral hemorrhage, and intracranial aneurysm formation and he directs the Emory Cerebrovascular Research Laboratory.
His clinical research focuses on cerebrovascular and skull base surgery and he serves as national principal investigator for the ENRICH clinical trial for intracerebral hemorrhage. Dr. Pradilla co-directs the Skull Base Surgery Center and serves as chief of the neurosurgery service.
- 2004 Co-recipient of the Galbraith Award of the Joint AANS/CNS Cerebrovascular Section for the study “Simvastatin attenuates experimental cerebral vasospasm and ameliorates serum markers of neuronal and endothelial injury in patients after subarachnoid hemorrhage: A dose-response effect dependent on endothelial nitric oxide synthase”
- 2004 Co-recipient of the Agustus McCravey Award of the Southern Neurosurgical Society for the study “Lysis of intraparenchymal hematoma with stereotactically implanted tPA polymers in a rabbit model”
- 2004 Recipient of the Harvey Cushing Hunterian Research Award Given to the Johns Hopkins Resident/Fellow with the highest achievement in Neurosurgical Research
- 2008 Recipient of the Sherman Travel Fellowship Award. Awarded fellowship to travel to anatomy conference to expand knowledge of intracranial anatomy and complex surgical approaches
- 2009 Recipient of the Order of Merit of the City of Bucaramanga, Colombia. Awarded by the Mayor of the City of Bucaramanga to its distinguished citizens.
- 2009 Recipient of the Academic Recognition of the Universidad Industrial de Santander (UIS) in Bucaramanga, Colombia awarded by the UIS President for contributing to the advancement of the neurosciences and to medical education as an invited speaker and academic collaborator
- 2011 Recipient of the Walter E. Dandy Award for Excellence in Neurosurgery, Given to the Johns Hopkins Resident/Fellow with the highest achievement in Clinical Neurosurgical Research
- 2011 Recipient of a fellowship award for the Clinical Trial Methods Course (CTMC) in Neurology awarded by the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS) (August 15-21, 2011, Vail, CO)
- 2014 Recipient of the “One in one-hundred” Outstanding Post-Doctoral Fellow Mentor award, awarded by Emory University School of Medicine to faculty members for outstanding mentoring of postdoctoral fellows in quality research, support of their career advancement, advice both scientific and professional, and going beyond the call of duty for your trainees
- 2014 Recipient of the “Kristen’s Legacy of Love Chair of Research” from the Brain Aneurysm Foundation for the study “Effect of Progesterone on Inflammation, Vasospasm, and Early Brain Injury after Subarachnoid Hemorrhage: Behavioral and Histopathological outcomes in a rodent model”.
- 2015 Elected to the “Woodruff Leadership Academy” fellowship training program of the Robert W. Woodruff Health Sciences Center at Emory University to develop, exercise, and strengthen individual leadership potential.
- 2017 “Doctors Day” Featured Faculty Member, Emory School of Medicine Recognitions Committee.
[su_feed url=”https://eutils.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/eutils/erss.cgi?rss_guid=1VONWHHyVP6y8cJuZUlUgbImlU-TBLhOsTZuhvT80t0OvjnQo2″ limit=”10″]
- Neurological Surgery – Neurosurgery
- Education and Training
- Medical School @ Pontificia Universidad
- Internship @ John Hopkins Hospital
- Residency @ Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Miller School of Medicine